Programme (B. Tech in Biomedical Engineering) Educational Objective (PEOs):
- To prepare students for diverse career in engineering and science including human body systems that build career and pursue higher studies in Biomedical Engineering.
- To identify, analyze and solve the problems by applying principles of Biomedical engineering with novelty and updated knowledge in the development of product/process/technique related to healthcare to meet the societal demands.
- To develop skills necessary for communications in their professions and to impart value added continuing education for sustained growth beneficial for society.
- To apply the acquired practical knowledge for effective teaching, research, development and entrepreneurship in biomedical field.
- To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects with the multifaceted aspects of using modern tools.
The Program Outcomes (Biomedical Engineering)
- Ability to define/list/give example/ comprehend/explain concepts of Biomedical Engineering
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to solve the problems related to Biomedical Engineering.
- Ability to perform logical analysis of results/ systems/ sub-systems of Biomedical Engineering to arrive at suitable conclusions.
- Ability to design solutions for systems/ subsystems that meet desired specifications of healthcare engineering.
- Ability to research literature to conduct investigations/ evaluate results/ interpret results to arrive at the most effective solution for solving problems Biomedical Engineering.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments using electronic components, biomedical instruments and/or modern engineering tools to demonstrate concepts in Biomedical Engineering.
- Ability to understand the sustainability of Biomedical Engineering solutions and its impact on health, safety, cultural issues, environment and society.
- Ability to conform to professional ethics, and understand the responsibilities and norms of Biomedical Engineering practice.
- Ability to function effectively as an individual, and as a member in a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, write reports and make effective presentation using available technology.
- Ability to apply the knowledge and understanding of project management, Biomedical Engineering resource management and cost analysis while implementing projects.
- Ability to engage in independent self-study to enhance knowledge.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
After completion, students will able to
- PSO1: Identify, analyze and solve the real life problems by applying principles of Biomedical engineering with novelty.
- PSO2: Design, develop and specify the mathematical model to understand the inter-relation among various Physiological systems.
- PSO3: Investigate, implement and demonstrate various applications of engineering and physiological subsystems in designing and developing human body systems.